Servings: 4 people
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 12 basil leaves fresh
- 1 tablespoon garlic minced
- 1 tablespoon fresh ginger minced
- 1 cup red bell pepper julienned
- 1/2 teaspoon red curry paste
- 14 oz lite coconut milk 1 can
- 1/2 teaspoon fish sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup pineapple fresh, sliced into matchsticks
- 2 pounds mussels scrubbed with beards removed
- Heat olive oil in heavy Dutch oven over medium low heat. Fry basil in oil until crisp, turning once (about 2 minutes per side). Drain on paper towel. Add garlic, ginger and red pepper slices and cook over medium low heat for 3 minutes, until crisp tender.
- Add red curry paste to Dutch oven and stir with a whisk until evenly spread out in bottom of the pan. Pour coconut milk into pan. Add fish sauce and salt and whisk until well blended. Return fried basil to pan and bring to a bubbling simmer over medium heat. Add mussels and cook until mussels all are open, about 5 minutes.
This serves 4 as an appetizer or 2 as a main dish.
Calories: 194kcal | Carbohydrates: 12g | Protein: 15g | Fat: 10g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Cholesterol: 32mg | Sodium: 683mg | Potassium: 482mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 5g | Vitamin A: 1531IU | Vitamin C: 72mg | Calcium: 40mg | Iron: 5mg
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!