Sign Up For the ECSGA Swapmeet
The ECSGA Swapmeet is a Google Group that is open to anyone, where subscribers can buy and sell used gear, inquire about seed availability, look for a job or post a job opening. Unlike ECSGA-L, you don't have to be a paying member of the association to subscribe. This is a publicly accessible group so you can join it directly.
To participate in the group you need to have a Google account, although you do not need to have a gmail account.
- I Don’t have a Google Account—Create a Google Account without changing your email address
If you already have a Google account, but want to use a non-Gmail address like your work email, you just need to associate that email address with your Google Account.
- I Have a Google Account, but want to use a non-gmail address— Sign in to your Google Account with another email address
Once you have a Google account you can join the SWAPMEET directly:
- Sign in to Google Groups.
- If the search bar at the top of the page is showing My groups, change it to All groups and messages (leftmost dropdown triangle in the search box).
- In the search box, enter ECSGA Swapmeet and press Enter.
- Click join group on the far right (right arrow with a right bracket icon).
After you have joined the group, you can fine tune your settings by clicking on My Membership Settings (on the left menu), where you can:
- change your display name - if your email is something cryptic like email@example.com, please change your display name so people know who you are;
- change the email associated with the group; and
- customize subscription settings - every email, digest, no email, etc. Note: If you want to get emails sent to the group, make sure that subscription settings are not set to no email!
To send an email to the entire group use the address: firstname.lastname@example.org