- 1 cup white wine vinegar either chardonnay or champagne
- 1/4 cup shallots minced
- 2 tsp sugar granulated
- 1/3 cup tequila good quality
- 3 Tbl lime juice fresh squeezed
- 2 Tbl yellow bell pepper finely diced - about 1/4 of a pepper
- 2 Tbl red bell pepper finely diced - about 1/4 of a pepper
- 1 tsp black pepper freshly ground
- 1 Tbl cilantro leaves, chopped
- Sea salt to taste
- In a small saucepan combine vinegar, shallots and sugar and reduce by half.
- Remove from heat and add remaining ingredients, adjust seasoning and refrigerate until ready to use.
This recipe makes about 1.5 cups of sauce, enough for 4-6 dozen oysters or mussels. It keeps well in the refrigerator. from The 2002 Monterey Bay Aquarium Cooking for Solutions Recipe book
Serving: 6tsp | Calories: 156kcal | Carbohydrates: 28g | Protein: 3g | Fat: 1g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Sodium: 36mg | Potassium: 545mg | Fiber: 4g | Sugar: 15g | Vitamin A: 1982IU | Vitamin C: 115mg | Calcium: 36mg | Iron: 2mg
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!