- 1/2 cup olive oil extra-virgin
- 2 tsp lemon zest grated
- 2 lemons juiced
- 1 small clove garlic minced to paste
- Salt and pepper
- 2 ounces Parmesan cheese grated (1 cup)
- 4 Tbl unsalted butter softened
- 1 pound scallops bay or quartered sea scallops
- 1 pound spaghetti
- 1/4 cup basil fresh, shredded
- Whisk oil, lemon zest and juice, garlic, and 1/2 teaspoon salt together in small bowl, then stir in Parmesan until thick and creamy.
- Melt 2 tablespoons butter in 12-inch nonstick skillet over medium heat. Pat scallops dry with paper towels and season with salt and pepper. Add scallops in single layer and cook until scallops are firm, about 3 minutes; transfer to bowl and cover.
- Meanwhile, bring 4 quarts water to boil in large pot. Add pasta and 1 tablespoon salt and cook, stirring often, until al dente. Reserve 1/2 cup cooking water, then drain pasta and return it to pot.
- Stir in olive oil mixture, scallops with any accumulated juices, remaining 2 tablespoons butter, and basil and toss to combine. Add reserved cooking water as needed to adjust consistency. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Serve.
From Cooking at Home With Bridget & Julia: The TV Hosts of America's Test Kitchen Share Their Favorite Recipes for Feeding Family and Friends by Bridget Lancaster and Julia Collin Davison Photo Credit: America's Test Kitchen
Calories: 922kcal | Carbohydrates: 94g | Protein: 35g | Fat: 45g | Saturated Fat: 14g | Cholesterol: 71mg | Sodium: 672mg | Potassium: 578mg | Fiber: 5g | Sugar: 5g | Vitamin A: 571IU | Vitamin C: 30mg | Calcium: 208mg | Iron: 3mg
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!