Servings: 12 oysters
- gas or charcoal grill
- hot pads
- 1 dozen oysters
- 1 lemon
- 1 glass white wine
- Pre-heat grill to high (immolate).
- Place oysters on the grill, cup-up (the flat part of the shell facing up).
- When oysters open, pry the top shell off and discard, leaving oysters with their liquor in the shells
- Mix together a little lemon juice, white wine and dill in a small bowl, and spoon onto the oysters
- When the liquid is bubbling and the meat has firmed up, remove oyster to a serving platter, being careful not to spill liquid.
- When oysters have cooled off, they are ready to slurp. Be careful, though. The shells get incredibly hot.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!