- 12 Littleneck clams
- 2 oz fresh breadcrumbs
- 1 bunch fresh oregano finely chopped
- Fresh ground sea salt
- Fresh ground white pepper
- Pinch fresh grated lemon zest
- 2 oz salted butter
- 1 tsp red pepper diced
- 1 tsp green pepper diced
- Pinch fresh parsley chopped
- 1 tsp fresh lemon juice
- Heat through the clams over indirect heat, such as on a rack over a grill or over steam, until they open.
- Loosen the clams from the shell with a clam knife, so they are easier to eat.
- Lightly moisten the Oreganata Bread-crumb mix with a little Casino Butter. Spoon a teaspoon of the mixture over each clam.
- Return clams to the grill until the breadcrumbs start turning a light golden brown.
- Divide among 4 plates. Spoon a teaspoon of the casino butter on each clam and serve immediately.
Chef Philip J. Cragg, of the Academy of Culinary Arts, in Mays Landing, N.J., prepared this recipe for the Romancing the Clam live cooking event in 2009 in Savannah, Ga.
Calories: 165kcal | Carbohydrates: 11g | Protein: 3g | Fat: 12g | Saturated Fat: 7g | Cholesterol: 32mg | Sodium: 243mg | Potassium: 28mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 1g | Vitamin A: 412IU | Vitamin C: 3mg | Calcium: 33mg | Iron: 1mg
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!