- ½ cup heavy cream
- 3 tbsp garlic chopped
- 48 farm-raised sunray Venus clams
- 1 cup fresh squeezed Florida orange juice
- 2 cups fresh Florida orange sections
- 2 tbsp cilantro chopped
- Bring cream and garlic to simmer over low heat in a pan large enough to hold clams without crowding. Poach until garlic softens, about 2 minutes.
- Add clams and orange juice. Cover and steam until clams open.
- Add fruit sections and heat through.
- Divide between four bowls and top with cilantro to taste.
Chef Peter Stefani (of Th¬e Island Room Restaurant at Cedar Cove, Cedar Key, Fl.) prepared this recipe for the Romancing the Clam live cooking event in 2009 in Savannah, Ga. It features the sunray Venus clam, a new cultured product with a sweet meat whose attractive shell has long been popular with shell collectors and tourists in Florida. Photo Credit: Florida Dept. of Agriculture and Consumer Services
Calories: 203kcal | Carbohydrates: 21g | Protein: 6g | Fat: 12g | Saturated Fat: 7g | Cholesterol: 48mg | Sodium: 164mg | Potassium: 345mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 14g | Vitamin A: 853IU | Vitamin C: 81mg | Calcium: 83mg | Iron: 1mg
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!