- 3/4 tsp cumin seeds
- 4 large cloves garlic, coarsely chopped
- 1 chipotle chile, diced
- 2 Tbl olive oil, extra-virgin
- 1/4 tsp kosher salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper, freshly ground
- 3 Tbl lime juice, fresh
- 3 Tbl orange juice
- 1 scallion, finely chopped
- 3 Tbl cilantro, chopped (optional)
- 10 drops Tabasco chipotle sauce ONLY if not using diced chipotle
- Grind cumin seeds in a mini food processor until coarsely cracked. Add garlic and diced chipotle; pulse until finely chopped. You can also use a mortar and pestle, or a knife.
- Heat oil in medium skillet over medium heat until warm.
- Add garlic mixture, salt, and pepper; cook 30-60 seconds or until fragrant, but not browned.
- Stir in lime juice and orange juice. Remove from heat; stir in chopped scallion and cilantro, if using.
- (if you haven't used the chipotle pepper, add 10 drops Tabasco chipotle pepper sauce or more to taste)
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!