Servings: 12 oysters
- 3/4 tsp cumin seeds
- 4 large cloves garlic coarsely chopped
- 1 chipotle chile diced
- 2 Tbl olive oil extra-virgin
- 1/4 tsp kosher salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper freshly ground
- 3 Tbl lime juice fresh squeezed
- 3 Tbl orange juice fresh is best
- 1 scallion finely chopped
- 3 Tbl cilantro chopped (optional)
- 10 drops Tabasco chipotle sauce ONLY if not using diced chipotle
- Grind cumin seeds in a mini food processor until coarsely cracked. Add garlic and diced chipotle; pulse until finely chopped. Alternatively you can also use a mortar and pestle, or a knife.
- Heat oil in medium skillet over medium heat until warm.
- Add garlic mixture, salt, and pepper; cook 30-60 seconds or until fragrant, but not browned.
- Stir in lime juice and orange juice. Remove from heat; stir in chopped scallion and cilantro, if using.
- (if you haven't used the chipotle pepper, add 10 drops Tabasco chipotle pepper sauce or more to taste)
Calories: 30kcal | Carbohydrates: 2g | Protein: 1g | Fat: 3g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Sodium: 73mg | Potassium: 35mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 1g | Vitamin A: 267IU | Vitamin C: 5mg | Calcium: 5mg | Iron: 1mg
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!