- 24 clams large, such as cherrystones
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon butter
- ½ cup onion minced
- ¼ cup green bell pepper chopped
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1 cup bread crumbs dried
- 1 tablespoon sherry
- 4 slices bacon
- ½ teaspoon oregano dried
- 2 tablespoons Parmesan cheese grated
- 2 teaspoons parsley dried
- ¼ teaspoon paprika
- 2 tablespoons olive oil for drizzling over stuffing
- In a small skillet, cook bacon until crisp over medium heat. Crumble, and set aside.
- Wash clams. Place on a baking sheet. Heat in a preheated 350 degree F (175 degree C) oven for 1 to 2 minutes, or until clams open. Discard any that do not open. Remove meat from shells. Chop, and set aside. Save the shells.
- Add 2 tablespoons oil and butter to a small skillet, and place pan over medium heat. Add onion, pepper, and garlic; saute until tender. Remove from heat, and cool.
- In a medium bowl, combine bread crumbs, bacon, sherry, oregano, cheese, sauteed vegetables, and chopped clams. Mix well. Fill clam shells with mixture, and place on baking sheet. Sprinkle with parsley and paprika. Drizzle with olive oil.
- Bake at 450° F (230° C) for 7 minutes.
Serving: 6clams | Calories: 384kcal | Carbohydrates: 23g | Protein: 10g | Fat: 28g | Saturated Fat: 7g | Cholesterol: 28mg | Sodium: 486mg | Potassium: 142mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 3g | Vitamin A: 241IU | Vitamin C: 9mg | Calcium: 95mg | Iron: 2mg
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!