1. Drain and coarsely chop the oysters, reserving ˝ cup of the liquor.
2. Melt the butter in a skillet, pour off and reserve ˝ cup.
3. Sauté the onion and celery in the skillet until tender.
4. Stir in the oyster liquor and simmer for 10 minutes.
5. Toss the bread cubes and vegetable mixture together in a large bowl, and allow the mixture to cool slightly.
6. Add the eggs and herbs, and mix until well blended.
7. Gradually add the reserved butter to moisten and toss with a fork to coat evenly.
8. Add the oysters, and salt and pepper to taste.
9. Allow the stuffing to cool before using.